YOU COULD BE OWED £1,000s IN PPI COMPENSATION ON YOUR ELLOS CATALOGUE ACCOUNT
In May 2013, the Ellos catalogue brand closed down, joining the La Redoute brand. It was run by the Redcats Group and offered a wide range of clothing products.
Ellos Catalogue Credit Accounts
As with the vast majority of catalogues, Ellos offers a credit account to pay for purchases. These accounts are subject to credit checks and enable you to pay for purchases over an extended period of time.
PPI was often added onto these credit accounts and may have been mis-sold to you. It’s possible that PPI wasn’t appropriate for your circumstances or you may not have been told that it was added.
If this was the case then you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Ellos PPI Claim
Before making a claim for mis-sold PPI, find out if your Ellos catalogue account had PPI attached to it. This applies to both the online catalogue facility and the more traditional paper catalogue.
Many did not carefully read the small print of the account terms and conditions, and PPI was often included to accounts without being brought to the customer’s attention. It was also often added as an afterthought, and you may have received a letter telling you that the product had been added to the account.
Grounds on Which PPI May Have Been Mis-sold by By Ellos
- You were not made aware by Ellos that you were being sold PPI on your account.
- You were told by Ellos that having the PPI policy was compulsory requirement.
- Ellos did not check if you had any exclusions that would make it impossible to make a claim on the PPI policy?
- You were led to believe by Ellos that you needed to buy PPI from them to be accepted for the catalogue account.
- Ellos didn’t check to see if you already had this type of insurance cover through your employer or another policy.
- You believed Ellos sold you the wrong insurance product.
- Ellos did not check your employment status to ensure you were not self-employed, unemployed or retired as PPI does not cover these.
- Ellos didn’t check if you had any pre-existing medical conditions before selling you the cover.
- Ellos has already been fined and or is facing PPI queries.
What Do I need to Start My PPI Claim with Ellos?
Start by finding your paperwork with evidence of mis-sold PPI. You will need this to make a claim.
If you notice that your account had PPI attached to it, think back to when it was sold to you. Can you remember when or why you agreed to it? Were you informed that it would be added?
If you can’t remember please don’t worry as this can be done during the PPI check with Ellos catalogue.
How to start your PPI claim with Ellos?
Plevin Ruling – Making a High Commission PPI Claim with Ellos?
If you have raised a previous PPI complaint with Ellos which was not upheld, you are now be entitled to raise a further complaint relating only to the commission charged under the new Plevin ruling on your PPI policy. Learn more about High Commission PPI Claims.