YOU COULD BE OWED £1,000s IN PPI COMPENSATION ON YOUR HOME ESSENTIALS ACCOUNT
Home Essentials is part of JD Williams & Company Limited and offers products for the home, including bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, home entertainment and health products.
Home Essentials Catalogue Credit Accounts
As with the vast majority of catalogues, Home Essentials offers a credit account to pay for purchases. These accounts are subject to credit checks and enable you to pay for purchases over an extended period of time.
PPI was often added onto these credit accounts and may have been mis-sold to you. It’s possible that PPI wasn’t appropriate for your circumstances or you may not have been told that it was added.
If this was the case then you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Home Essentials PPI Claim
Before making a claim for mis-sold PPI, find out if your Home Essentials catalogue account had PPI attached to it. This applies to both the online catalogue facility and the more traditional paper catalogue.
Many did not carefully read the small print of the account terms and conditions, and PPI was often included to accounts without being brought to the customer’s attention. It was also often added as an afterthought, and you may have received a letter telling you that the product had been added to the account.
Grounds on Which PPI May Have Been Mis-sold by Home Essentials
- You were not made aware by Home Essentials that you were being sold PPI on your account.
- You were told by Home Essentials that having the PPI policy was compulsory requirement.
- Home Essentials did not check if you had any exclusions that would make it impossible to make a claim on the PPI policy?
- You were led to believe by Home Essentials that you needed to buy PPI from them to be accepted for the catalogue account.
- Home Essentials didn’t check to see if you already had this type of insurance cover through your employer or another policy.
- You believed Home Essentials sold you the wrong insurance product.
- Home Essentials did not check your employment status to ensure you were not self-employed, unemployed or retired as PPI does not cover these.
- Home Essentials didn’t check if you had any pre-existing medical conditions before selling you the cover.
- Home Essentials has already been fined and or is facing PPI queries.
What Should I Do to Start My Home Essentials PPI Claim?
Start by finding your paperwork with evidence of mis-sold PPI. You will need this to make a claim. If you no longer have the paperwork, don’t worry – at PPIClaims.com we can find out if you bought PPI on any previous products or accounts.
If you notice that your account had PPI attached to it, think back to when it was sold to you. Can you remember when or why you agreed to it? Were you informed that it would be added?
If you can’t remember please dont worry, we can check if you had PPI with Home Essentials for free.
How Do I Start My Home Essentials PPI Claim With PPIClaims.com?
We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you, so your complaint can be lodged with Home Essentials as quickly as possible.
- Start your Free PPI check process by using our online form. Completing the required information will help to establish if you have held a policy with Home Essentials; or
- Call our dedicated number for PPI claims on 0333 443 9158; or
- Complete our online claim form to start your claim.
What If My PPI Claim Has Already Been Rejected By Home Essentials?
If you have raised a previous PPI complaint with Home Essentials which was not upheld, and you wish to raise a further complaint relating only to the commission charged under the Plevin ruling on your PPI policy, please complete our online PPI Commission refund form.