Important Dates – PPI Claims
There are a number of important dates to be aware of:
- Banks are told to prepare for Plevin complaint rules by the regulator. Consumers do not need to wait until August to start their claim however.
29 August 2017
- The start of the FCA’s national advertising campaign to raise awareness on the 29th August 2019 PPI deadline.
- Banks are now required to consider a straightforward Plevin complaint case from consumers. They also should automatically consider the possibility of undisclosed high commission having occurred, when dealing with a regular mis-selling PPI complaint, even if it has not been mentioned.
- Banks need to send out letters between now and the end of November, to people who have been rejected for a mis-sold PPI complaint. The letters need to explain Plevin and information about the claims process.
29 November 2017
- The deadline for banks and lenders to have contacted all aforementioned consumers .
29 August 2019
- This is the final deadline for submitting a PPI claim (except for PPI policies sold after 29 August 2017), whether it be due to mis-selling or undisclosed high commission.