YOU COULD BE OWED £1,000s IN PPI COMPENSATION ON YOUR 118 118 MONEY LOAN
118 118 Money offer unsecured short to mid-term loans, to UK resident’s aged 18 or over. They are based in Cardiff and are authorised by the FCA.
Applications to 118 118 Money are made online and amounts between £1000 and £5000 are available, with repayments taking the form of fixed monthly payments.
One of the primary differences between 118 118 and many other lenders, is that 118 118 loans can only be taken out over one or two years.
They aim to provide loans to people who have had difficulty in obtaining credit before, in order to discourage desperate borrowers from taking out a potentially dangerous payday loan.
The account can be managed completely online, and it’s easy to make additional payments to 118 118 Money, or to pay the loan off early, should the customer wish to do so.
What Is Loan PPI?
Many loan providers sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) to their customers over the last 20 years or so. The policy was meant to act as a safety net to protect borrowers from falling into arrears if they ever stopped working because of sickness, an accident or if they became unemployed, the policy would cover their loan repayments.
PPI can be and is a useful product if sold and used in the right way. However lenders found that selling PPI with a loan rather than a credit card for example, was much easier, because of the size and length of a loan.
PPI was mis-sold by banks and lenders on a huge scale over the last few decades, with over 60 million policies being sold from 1990 onwards.
Many millions of people were sold PPI without knowing they had done so. The result is many people are entitled to compensation – provided they can prove that the PPI was mis-sold to them.
PPI and its mis-selling has become the largest financial scandal in the history of the UK finance sector.
Grounds on Which Loan PPI May Have Been Mis-sold by 118 118 MONEY
There are several ways in which 118 118 MONEY PPI was mis-sold. Lots of people took out PPI cover with their loans believing that it boosted their likelihood of being accepted, or that the policy was a necessity. However, there are many other ways it may have been mis-sold:
- Were you aware that 118 118 MONEY had added the PPI insurance to your loan?
- If you had no idea you had it, you may have been mis-sold.
- At the time 118 118 MONEY sold you loan PPI, were you unemployed, retired or a student?
- If so, you may never have been able to claim on the policy, so it could have been mis-sold.
- If the policy costs weren’t listed separately by 118 118 MONEY to the loan advance, you may have been mis-sold.
- 118 118 MONEY was required to list the costs separately.
- Was any information provided by 118 118 MONEY about alternative policies?
- If not, then you may have been mis-sold, because there may have been cheaper and alternative cover elsewhere.
- Were you informed by 118 118 MONEY about any exclusions?
- For example, if you had any pre-existing medical conditions, the cover may have been voided, therefore you could be classed as being mis-sold.
- Loan PPI is an optional product so not compulsory, did 118 118 MONEY make this clear?
- If 118 118 MONEY told you it was required in order to secure the loan, or you felt pressured in any way to taking out loan PPI, you might have been mis-sold.
- Were any checks done by 118 118 MONEY to determine if you had any existing PPI policies?
- If not, you may already have been fully covered, so were mis-sold if they failed to check.
- Did 118 118 MONEY check if your employer provides full sick pay?
- If no checks were done and you are entitled to full sick pay, your loan payments would have been covered rendering the loan PPI unnecessary.
- When discussing your 118 118 MONEY loan application, did you feel pressurised into buying PPI?
- When taking out PPI 118 118 MONEY should have made sure you were happy with the deal, instead of having it forced on you. If any pressure was placed on you to take out a policy you didn’t require, you may have been mis-sold loan PPI.
What you need to start a 118 118 MONEY PPI claim?
Start by finding your paperwork with evidence of mis-sold PPI. You will need this to make a claim.
If you notice that your account had PPI attached to it, think back to when it was sold to you. Can you remember when or why you agreed to it? Were you informed that it would be added?
If you can’t remember please don’t worry as this can be done during the PPI check with 118 118 MONEY.
How to start your PPI Claim with 118 118 Money?
Plevin Ruling – Making a High Commission PPI Claim with 118 118 MONEY?
If you have raised a previous PPI complaint with 118 118 MONEY which was not upheld, and you wish to raise a further complaint relating only to the commission charged under the Plevin ruling on your PPI policy. Learn more about High Commission PPI claims.
Other Loan Providers Facing PPI claims
The following is a list of loan providers who are known to have sold PPI. Please note this is not an exhaustive list.