YOU COULD BE OWED £1,000s IN PPI COMPENSATION ON YOUR ASDA STORE CARD ACCOUNT
Asda is a British supermarket retailer. It was one of the main culprits of mis-selling PPI on store cards and you could be entitled to compensation if you took out one of these cards.
Asda Store Card Accounts
If you took out a Asda store card in the 1990s or 2000s you might be owed money.
Shoppers who signed up to a Asda store card also had payment protection insurance (PPI) available to them but if the PPI was mis-sold, then compensation may be due.
However, there is a deadline from the Financial Conduct Authority of 29 August 2019.
If you have a mis-selling claim with Asda about how PPI was sold to you, it must be received by Asda on or by 29 August 2019.
Asda Store cards were sold as a convenient line of credit for customers who could not or did not want to pay in full in one transaction.
Generally, many retailers made a profit on shoppers who failed to pay off the balance on the card each month, when outstanding balances would attract interest charges of up to 30%.
Strict regulations were introduced in 2011 to prevent shoppers falling into debt and the government banned commission and upfront discounts being associated with store cards.
Grounds on Which PPI May Have Been Mis-Sold By Asda
You were not made aware by Asda that you were being sold PPI on your store card account.
- You were told by Asda that having the PPI policy was a compulsory requirement.
- Asda did not check if you had any exclusions that would make it impossible to make a claim on the PPI policy?
- You were led to believe by Asda that you needed to buy PPI from them to be accepted for the store card account.
- Asda didn’t check to see if you already had this type of insurance cover through your employer or another policy.
- You believe Asda sold you the wrong insurance product.
- Asda did not check your employment status to ensure you were not self-employed, unemployed or retired as PPI does not cover these.
- Asda didn’t check if you had any pre-existing medical conditions before selling you the PPI cover as these can fall under exclusion clauses.
- Asda has already been fined and/or is facing mis-sold PPI queries.
- Asda did not disclose if commission on PPI policy was being paid to an intermediary or how much it was.
What Do I Do To Start My PPI Store Card Claim With Asda?
Start by finding your paperwork with evidence of mis-sold PPI. You will need this to make a claim. If you no longer have the paperwork, don’t worry, at PPIClaims.com we can find out if you bought PPI on any previous products or accounts.
If you notice that your account had PPI attached to it, think back to when it was sold to you. Can you remember:
- when or why you agreed to it?
- if you were informed that it would be added?
If you can’t remember please don’t worry, we can check if you had PPI with Asda for free.
How Do I Start my Asda PPI Claim With PPIClaims.com?
We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you, so your complaint can be lodged with Asda on your behalf as quickly as possible.
- Start your Free PPI check process by using our online form. Completing the required information will help to establish if you have held a policy with Asda; or
- Complete our online claim form to start your claim.
What If my PPI Claim Has Already Been Rejected by Asda?
If you have raised a previous PPI complaint with Asda which was not upheld, you are now be entitled to raise a further complaint relating only to the commission charged under the Plevin ruling on your PPI policy, please complete our online PPI High Commission refund form.