YOU COULD BE OWED £1,000s IN PPI COMPENSATION ON YOUR B&Q STORE CARD ACCOUNT
B&Q was one of the main operators of store cards and you could be entitled to compensation if you took out one of their cards which had PPI attached to it.
B&Q Store Card Accounts
If you took out a B&Q store card in the 1990s or 2000s you might be owed money.
Shoppers who signed up to a B&Q store card also had payment protection insurance (PPI) available to them but if the PPI was mis-sold, then compensation may be due.
However, there is a deadline from the Financial Conduct Authority of 29 August 2019.
If you have a mis-selling claim with B&Q about how PPI was sold to you, it must be received by B&Q on or by 29 August 2019.
B&Q Store cards were sold as a convenient line of credit for customers who could not or did not want to pay in full in one transaction.
Generally, many retailers made a profit on shoppers who failed to pay off the balance on the card each month, when outstanding balances would attract interest charges of up to 30%.
Strict regulations were introduced in 2011 to prevent shoppers falling into debt and the government banned commission and upfront discounts being associated with store cards.
Grounds on Which PPI May Have Been Mis-Sold By B&Q
You were not made aware by B&Q that you were being sold PPI on your store card account.
- You were told by B&Q that having the PPI policy was a compulsory requirement.
- B&Q did not check if you had any exclusions that would make it impossible to make a claim on the PPI policy?
- You were led to believe by B&Q that you needed to buy PPI from them to be accepted for the store card account.
- B&Q didn’t check to see if you already had this type of insurance cover through your employer or another policy.
- You believe B&Q sold you the wrong insurance product.
- B&Q did not check your employment status to ensure you were not self-employed, unemployed or retired as PPI does not cover these.
- B&Q didn’t check if you had any pre-existing medical conditions before selling you the PPI cover as these can fall under exclusion clauses.
- B&Q has already been fined and/or is facing mis-sold PPI queries.
- B&Q did not disclose if commission on PPI policy was being paid to an intermediary or how much it was.
What Do I Do To Start My PPI store card claim with B&Q?
Start by finding your paperwork with evidence of mis-sold PPI. You will need this to make a claim. If you no longer have the paperwork, don’t worry, at PPIClaims.com we can find out if you bought PPI on any previous products or accounts.
If you notice that your account had PPI attached to it, think back to when it was sold to you. Can you remember:
- when or why you agreed to it?
- if you were informed that it would be added?
If you can’t remember please don’t worry, we can check if you had PPI with B&Q for free.
How Do I Start my B&Q PPI Claim With PPIClaims.com?
We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you, so your complaint can be lodged with B&Q on your behalf as quickly as possible.
- Start your Free PPI check process by using our online form. Completing the required information will help to establish if you have held a policy with B&Q; or
- Complete our online claim form to start your claim.
What If my PPI Claim Has Already Been Rejected by B&Q?
If you have raised a previous PPI complaint with B&Q which was not upheld, you are now be entitled to raise a further complaint relating only to the commission charged under the Plevin ruling on your PPI policy, please complete our online PPI High Commission refund form.