YOU COULD BE OWED £1,000s IN PPI COMPENSATION ON YOUR HALFORDS STORE CARD ACCOUNT
Halfords Group plc is a British retailer specialising in car parts, camping equipment and bicycles. They also provide car repairs, services and MOTs through Halfords Autocentre in the UK.
Halfords was one of the main operators of store cards and you could be entitled to compensation if you took out one of their cards which had PPI attached to it.
Halfords Store Card Accounts
If you took out a Halfords store card in the 1990s or 2000s you might be owed money.
Shoppers who signed up to a Halfords store card also had payment protection insurance (PPI) available to them but if the PPI was mis-sold, then compensation may be due.
However, there is a deadline from the Financial Conduct Authority of 29 August 2019.
If you have a mis-selling claim with Halfords about how PPI was sold to you, it must be received by Halfords on or by 29 August 2019.
Halfords Store cards were sold as a convenient line of credit for customers who could not or did not want to pay in full in one transaction.
Generally, many retailers made a profit on shoppers who failed to pay off the balance on the card each month, when outstanding balances would attract interest charges of up to 30%.
Strict regulations were introduced in 2011 to prevent shoppers falling into debt and the government banned commission and upfront discounts being associated with store cards.
Grounds on Which PPI May Have Been Mis-Sold By Halfords
You were not made aware by Halfords that you were being sold PPI on your store card account.
- You were told by Halfords that having the PPI policy was a compulsory requirement.
- Halfords did not check if you had any exclusions that would make it impossible to make a claim on the PPI policy?
- You were led to believe by Halfords that you needed to buy PPI from them to be accepted for the store card account.
- Halfords didn’t check to see if you already had this type of insurance cover through your employer or another policy.
- You believe Halfords sold you the wrong insurance product.
- Halfords did not check your employment status to ensure you were not self-employed, unemployed or retired as PPI does not cover these.
- Halfords didn’t check if you had any pre-existing medical conditions before selling you the PPI cover as these can fall under exclusion clauses.
- Halfords has already been fined and/or is facing mis-sold PPI queries.
- Halfords did not disclose if commission on PPI policy was being paid to an intermediary or how much it was.
What Do I Do To Start My PPI store card claim with Halfords?
Start by finding your paperwork with evidence of mis-sold PPI. You will need this to make a claim.
If you notice that your account had PPI attached to it, think back to when it was sold to you. Can you remember:
- when or why you agreed to it?
- if you were informed that it would be added?
If you can’t remember please don’t worry as this can be done during the PPI check with Halfords.
How Do I Start my Halfords PPI Claim With PPIClaims.com?
Plevin Ruling – Making a High Commission PPI Claim with Halfords?
If you have raised a previous PPI complaint with Halfords which was not upheld, you are now be entitled to raise a further complaint relating only to the commission charged under the Plevin ruling on your PPI policy. Learn more about PPI High Commission claims.